Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Its a Conspiracy

Does anyone else out there think that their kid is conspiring against them... in all kinds of ways? I know mine is, I've been reviewing, and everytime that I have a free momma play day (i.e. when I'm off of work yet the daycare is open) in the last few months, T has been sick. Hmmm. Do you think that she's saving it up for just those days? I'm beginning to suspect that she does!

Today, instead of going to school, I took T to the doc for further inspection of her "mumps that are not mumps". Doc took a look and concurred with the ER's opinion. She also, though, drew some blood to check out T's white cell count, to make sure that she doesn't have an infection in her gland that could be causing the swelling.

Luckily, T's white cell count was in the normal range, but high in the normal range. Doc said all the other numbers were normal as well. At least now, though, I have tangible proof that nothing more is going on. So, doc said that its likely a virus that is causing this, similar to the mumps but not the mumps. Not contagious, and T can go to school tomorrow. We're to watch it for the next 5 days, and report back next week.

So, we're at home. My plans of getting lots done today have been flushed down the toilet. Instead, its a day of cartoons, games, hopefully a couple hours of naps.

Once again, the life of a mom.

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Vicki said...

Ooooh. I thought I was the ONLY one who enjoyed some time of my OWN. LOL!! Yep. Much could've been accomplished, but I'm glad little Missy T is not too terribly ill. Ants pushing...
Crack me UP!!
Vicki and Emily

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: