Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Auntie is a Rolling Stone

Yep, Aunt Dot is on the move again. She was picked up at the UNGODLY hour of 5:15 a.m., to be driven to the airport. She's off to Pensacola, which is in North Florida in the panhandle. Some claims to fame?

  • Being struck by a terrible hurricane in recent history, Ivan in 2004, in particular

Its the hometown of Joe Scarborough from Morning Joe, and

  • I think home to a military base (or it used to be) although I'm not sure which service. I think the Air Force. The Blue Angels are there (or were at one point). Unknown if budgets have forced its closure.

Not much else.


So, we're back to giving Dot her daily fix of T. These pics were taken tonight. No, we didn't have gymnastics tonight, that was last night and worked our fairly well. T just wanted to wear her leotard again to play in, along with one of my scarves that she's having a grand old time with...in addition to the cardboard roll from a used up roll of wrapping paper. She's thrilled.

All those damned toys I got her for xmas? Not seeing much action right now. She seems to be preferring her made up/created toys. I need to keep that in mind in the future.


Yes, Aunt Dot, those are T's shoes and socks you see on the floor. I admit to being a little lax when you're not around. I figure they'll get to her room by the end of the night, though, so that's OK.

Not much else to report.

Ciao all!

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Dorothy said...

I was picked up at 4:45am not 5:15. It's now 7:53pm in Pcola (central time) and I'm going to bed. Yes, this is ego-meister Morning Joe Scarborough's hometown. Wonder if I could find his house and picket it to get rid of Meeka. I can barely stand him, she is intolerable.
Blue Angels and all things military are big in this little town. Now why can't I find all these military wives to hire????

KaraP said...

Aunt Dot is definitely a rolling stone. I would love to have her air miles. Hi Dot, Hi Carol, Hi T. Hope to see you all sometime soon. We may be in Cocoa Beach in May for a shuttle launch. I'll let you know when I do.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: