Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Am I Weird?

I have a confession to make...I currently am madly and passionately in love with only 2 things at the moment...my daughter and my newly cleaned out closet! This picture of 8 bags full of crap is only 1/2 the stuff Leonor carted out of my house last night. The total was 17 huge garbage bags.

In my defense, some of the clothes were over 20 years old. I couldn't believe the stuff I was holding onto.

Anyway, Leonor takes it all to her church, which sends it to Ecuador, her country of origin. Dot and I laugh that her poor village is probably the best dressed in Ecuador
And viola! The finished product. My shelving system is the Elfa system from the container store. What's great about it is that its totally changable. We did some changing around of the shelves as well.

A closet one can walk into....

Shelves just waiting to be filled up again in the coming years....

Gorgeous!!
I can't tell you how liberating it is to have all the junk out of the house. I feel that an albatross has been lifted from my shoulders. Is it wierd that I can't keep myself from going into the closet and ogling the set up?

I tell you, if I had to choose today between (1) a date with a hot guy who digs me and (2) a cleaned out and organized closet...I'll choose the closet every time!

Posted by Picasa

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Dorothy said...

:-) Now for the 1000+ romance novels...I need Leonor to come to my place.

park it said...

YEA - I love to organize - kinda a hobby - how sick is that! It brings tears to my eyes!

I was in your neck of the woods last week on work - slammed or I would have called/emailed - going all day then homework at night :-)...Anyway this weekend was Disney - yippie - got alot to catch up on - but will post as soon as possible and bore everyone to death with alot of pics :-)
Glad T is all better!

Itty Bitty Ladybug said...

Hey - I still see some clothing I recognize from our college days. The aqua print dress, the suede lavander jacket .... I hope the black dress made it into one of those bags.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: