Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, February 16, 2009

She's just too sweet!

Sometimes T kills me with how absolutely sweet she is. The things she says...the way she phrases things...her sweet little voice...her actions while speaking.


Tonight I asked to look at her ear/jaw and asked if it hurt. She said yes. So I asked, what does it feel like?

"The ants are pushing the rock out and it hurts. They're pushing like this, with both hands"...as she holds her hands out like stop signs.

That is a verbatim quote. T often speaks of aches and pains in terms of insects. If some part of her body falls asleep, she says, "I have ants in my feet" "I have ants in my tushie". Or for a stomache ache or hunger pains...I have bugs in my tummy.

This new description is actually genious in my book. (Yet, isn't everything she does genious in my book?) Anyway, it DOES feel like there's a rock below/behind her ear from the "mumps that are not mumps".

She just got a dose of motrin, to help stop the ants pushing.

God, I love this kid!

Posted by Picasa

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

Sounds like life is funin your house - maybe she will grow up to be a bug person - great way to look at things - very desciptive...
Hope she feels better soon!
ps did I tell you we are going to China?
guess what the word verification was:
OUNSICK
how funny is that...

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: