Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Carol's Qwik Kitchen

As I browse through other people's blogs, I often come across detailed recipes, complete with pictures regarding how to cook a particular meal or dish. Usually, the recipes are quite intricate and call for lots of ingredients. Totally useless to me. Those who know me, know that I hate to cook. My favorite kitchen appliances are the microwave oven, followed closely by the toaster oven. My goal in cooking, is to dirty up the least amount of pots and pans as possible...and also to prepare it in about 10 - 15 minutes or less. So, I thought it might be fun to post some of my own recipes and otherwise share quick-fix meal ideas on the weekend. I'd also be interested in anyone else's ideas.

I'll also rate the dishes, on a scale of one to five. So, here goes.

WHOLE WHEAT RAVIOLI AND SAUCE

Difficulty: 2
Mess Factor: 4
Taste: 5

You pick up these handy packs of ravioli in publix. T wont eat the chicken due to the texture, but loves the cheese. Cut open, dump in pot, and boil for 3 minutes. The sauce is delish and you just zap in the micro for 90 seconds.

I then strain out the hot water, and dump the raviolis in the container I'll store the leftovers in, then mix the sauce into the same container. That way, the ravioli pot is much easier to clean!


I 've rated this dish with a mess factor of four. I've given it this high rating, b/c it requires 2 things to be washed, and the strainer is a pain in the neck. I have to actually wash it some before sticking it in the dishwasher, else it doesn't come out clean and has junk stuck in its holes. It also gets a high mess factor, as you have to acutally use the real stove, and risk the stupid pot boiling over and messing up the stovetop and also due to the general risk of fire, whenever the stovetop is turned on.

All in all, though, I give it high marks as a tasty, quick meal!

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

insanemommy said...

I could hook you up in the cooking department that is!! lol.. It is my one true passion. Umm, besides the chicks and sweet thing...... love your blog.

chart said...

Think I'll try T's cheese. xxooxx

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: