Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, August 15, 2008

My Favorite Purchase in a Long, Long, Time

So, every Friday night, it seems we've gotten into a routine of going to dinner at Nordstroms, then roaming the Merrick Park mall. They have a convenient Borders on the 3rd floor, and T loves going there for a book or other item from the clearance section. Tonight, though, I scored. I got this cool set of playing cards. Only $5.99. Hillary is pictured on the Aces, and various political figures from the season as other numbers. A few noted idiots like Novak and Limbaugh are deuces. But....my favorite of all time........ is this next card pictured...




Shoot. If I'd known that this card was in the pack, I would have bought a few more! Hell, I'd have paid twice the price. This is my best purchase of the year!

Posted by Picasa

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

Beautiful cards! The joker made my day ;)

Love it, love it, love it!

KaraP said...

I won't comment on the cards, but I will say that we are praying for you all with the pending hurricane.

Kara, Mitch and ML

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Totally love that Joker card too...way too true unfortuately!!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: