Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, August 15, 2008

How a jinxed woman caps off the week...


...she gets side-swiped while parked in the state attorney's office parking lot. The swiper failed to leave a name or ins info. Isn't that special? Especially since the culprit is more than likely an employee of said office and leaving the scene of an accident with property damage is still a crime in Florida. Nice.

Meanwhile, its nice to know I have some effect on the crime in Dade County. I'm minding my own business today walking out of court, when someone in the audience says, "Hi, Look, I want to show you..." and hands me a Florida driver's license. I look at the name, that seems familiar, check to make sure its not a neighbor, and ask why he's handing it to me. He says, "You don't remember?" A short time later, when the judge was taking a break, I was behind him exiting. I asked why he was showing me the license. He says that I told him in 2000 that if he ever appeared in court again without a driver's license I'd throw him in jail.

Turns out he was a defendant from my doper days, that I put on a substantial assistence contract years ago. If I recall, he was pulled over with a couple kilos and also was cited for driving while license suspended (dwls). I probably gave him my standard lecture about how if he does anything, anything at all, to get rearrested while he's cooperating, (i.e. trying to set up deals so we can arrest other dopers), even if it's just a traffic crime like dwls, I'll throw him in jail for 15 years.

So, I'm sure he freaked when he saw me again in court today, even though I was just there by coincidence. What's funny is that his license was issued just yesterday. Guess after my speech, he was afraid to come to court again with no license. No idea why he was there again, and frankly, I don't want to know. But I'm pleased that I'm doing my small part to fight crime in Miami....we're all a bit safer knowing that all the traffickers are careful to make sure they have a valid florida driver's license when they're busy moving their product. HeHe.

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Manette said...

LOL... After the week or two that I have had, this post really made me laugh... And I TRULY needed that! Thanks for doing your part to keep our country safe! ;)

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: