Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Impromptu Party

We decided that we needed to have an impromptu party to celebrate my parents' big event. T, who is always extremely excited at the mere THOUGHT of a party, couldn't have been happier.

I went out hunting for some balloons, to give the whole thing a festive feel.
As usual, T insisted that only a ball gown would do for the event. Dot and I thought her choice was particularly appropriate, as she chose her golden Belle ballgown. She's been watching Beauty and the Beast quite a bit lately, so has been wearing it alot.
T was also thrilled with the choice of dessert. In her opinion, its not a party unless cupcakes are involved in some way.
Of course, Dot cooked up a yummy meal that we all enjoyed. As is normal for my parents, they blew in at around 3:00 p.m., and were gone by 5:oo. My mom was itching to get home and get in bed, so she could enjoy the Law and Order marathon.

Unfortunately, due to Dot having been out of town, me busy with work, a crashed car, potential appendicitis, on top of everything else, our plans for a more formal party fell by the wayside. I turned to dot friday night and said, "Oh shit, guess what tomorrow is..." Despite the helter-skelter preparation, it turned out very nice and I think they enjoyed themselves.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Looks like a nice Party and your daughter seemed to be the "belle" of the ball.

BTW, why are parents always itching to get home quickly...I never get that!!

Laura said...

The comment about the L & O marathon is hysterical - that would be my mom too! You and Dot look like your mom - I see the family resemblance. They're cute as can be and congrats to them!

My brother always complains that when my parents go up to Minnesota to visit for the weekend, my dad insists on heading home by 7 AM Sunday - no idea why!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: