Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, August 8, 2008

08-08-08 Let the Games Begin!








Needless to say, we're very excited to watch the Olympics this year, which are being played in Beijing. Everytime T hears China mentioned on Tv, she starts screaming, Mama, look, my china, my china!

We'll be popping up some corn, breaking out the sodas, and having an small opening games party tonight...just us.

Let the Games Begin!


UPDATE: T, who never goes to sleep before 9:30, and would stay up til 11:00 or so if i let her (which sometimes i do) went into her room on her own last night and fell asleep from like 8:00 p.m. til 10:00 or so. She missed the wonderful opening ceremony, but did get to see some of the "parade" of nations entering the stadium.

I must admit, when we were in Beijing, and I saw the "bird's nest" under construction, I was thinking how ugly it was and how it totally did not fit in the city. Especially since my best view of
it was from one of the ancient attractions. Well, after seeing it in all its glory last night, I can't belive how wrong I was and how beautiful that place is. Live and learn.

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: