Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

They Got the Gold!


Fifty years ago today, on August 30, 1958, Geraldine Taylor married Thomas Jordan in Gesu Catholic Church in Miami.
They both were in their early 30's. My dad had just graduated from lawschool and also worked as a substitute teacher to help pay the bills. My mom, I think, worked as a typist at a title company. She later became his legal secretary...for about 40 years.

Fifty years later, they're still together.
I wonder if its b/c they're both 1/2 deaf?

.

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

KaraP said...

Congrats to you and Dot's parents. My Gram and PaPa Judd were together I think 56 yrs before he passed.

chart said...

Gerry, Tom and Gold. A perfect combination. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Congrats on making 50 years to your mom and dad. That is golden!!

I agree that being half deaf would make it easier..ROFL!!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: