Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fear Strikes in my Heart

...so we're driving to swim class this evening, which was unfortunately cancelled due to rain. Anyway, on the way there, T utters words that literally stuck actual FEAR in my heart. Real, mind-numbing fear. What could be these dreadful words, you ask?

...Mama, I hurt. I have bugs in my tummy. I have to go to the bathroom.

YIKES!!! Luckily, we were just approaching the Coral Gables public library. I vered the schoolbus (aka my van) off to the right and screeched to a halt. A handy bathroom was just inside. Luckily, turns out there was no need for concern. But remember, T is no longer in a diaper. The ramifications of that statement could have been dire!

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

or how to get mom to react quickly! reminds me of when K just came out of diapers and I was SCARED everyday for a few weeks that she would pee in her car seat - lucky for me - it did not happen - but amazing how fast one can find a potty if needed..of course did I mention that she went pp outside the postoffice the day we went to get her passport...yep under a tree about 50 ft fm the ft door - no public potty...so glad she was 2 1/2 at the time...

Itty Bitty Ladybug said...

I thought the scary comment was going to be "Mama, I like McCain" not be confused with "Mama, I like the Canes." Although the later could also be frightening for a Gator fan. xoxo

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: