Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Typhoid Taylor and Tape Measures

Well, a by-product of the fun weekend is that T has been sick. On sunday, she had a definite case of the sniffles, that just kept getting worse and worse. Like turning on a faucet and the water runs harder and harder. In this case, green, slimy "water", if you get my drift. So, we're been home for the past 2 days.

We went off to the doctor on Monday, to ensure that T does not have an ear infection. So far, so good. Just had a slight fever. She's been sleeping quite a bit and I've been doing some work on the computer.

When she's awake, she entertains herself with her new "measure". A tape measure my dad gave her when we were at my parents house this weekend. She loves the thing. Its her new favorite toy. She insists on bringing it everywhere.

Lastly, the only other news from the weekend is that I finally painted my toes again. 3 months of naked toes was killing me. So, even though my foot swelled up like a balloon, at least it looked good! My nails, of course, are another story. After 20 years of going every other week for a manicure, its kind of nice not having to do that. Of course, my nails are like nubs, but I'm dealing with it.

I feel certain that tomorrow, I'll be sending T back to school. We'll see. Needless to say, swim class is cancelled until further notice, at least until Typhoid Taylor makes a full recovery.

Posted by Picasa

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Itty Bitty Ladybug said...

Finally! I don't think I had ever seen your toes without polish!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: