Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Need to Vent!


OH. MY.GOD.

My computer and internet connection are driving me INSANE!!!!!!!!!! The problems have been plagueing me all week. My ethernet connection is apparently kaput on my computer. So a while back, I connected to the internet and modem using the USB connection. Well, guess what happened sunday? The USB connection port on my modem went kaput. After QUITE a bit of arguing with ATT, they finally consented to sending me a new modem and assured me that it would have a USB connection. So, I wait about 2 days, and guess what arrives? Yep, a new modem with NO USB connection. Only ethernet. Turns out, they don't make the modems with both connections any more. USB is passe.

After much consulting with their "tech support" again, I finally go out and purchase some nifty gizmo that converts a ethernet connection to a USB connection. It works, but only on and off. ATT keeps throwing me into some stupid site that insists I enter my info and password. I call them, and continually get disconnected.

I.WANT.TO.SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, my only other option....yep, I'm fully entering the 21st century. Not only have I recently joined the Land of Blog, but I am now going wireless, baby! I also picked up a relatively cheap laptop. I'd been meaning to do that for a while, as my dad needs alot of help with his stuff. I can take the laptop to his house of office.

I'm off to pick up the laptop tonight, and attempt to set it all up on a wireless network. The lap top, my desk top, and perhaps even my old desktop that I gave to T. Say a prayer that it works out.

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

KaraP said...

Don't forget to secure your wireless network. It can be hacked. Be good. It's not too difficult. I am computer illiterate and set up our network.

Kara

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: