Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

History Has Been Made...

Tonight was such an exciting and monumental event. One of those moments that one will ask in future...Where where you when for the first time in American History, a woman and a black man's names were both submitted in nomination by a major political party to serve as President of the United States of America. I found it all particularly moving and emotional. Maybe b/c some of my childhood memories were of watching the Democratic conventions with my parents every four years, that I found it all so exciting. Maybe because I thought that I would be a really old woman before either an African American or woman was ever nominated.

Poor T, I made her sit and watch the nomination and roll call. She wasn't quite as enthused as I, but did like seeing the funny outfits.

Meanwhile, was it just me, or did anybody else notice how Democratic National Committee Secretary Alice Germond bears a spooky resemblance to Katherine Harris????? YIKES!!!

You may recall, Harris was the Republican Secretary of State for the State of Florida who violated every oath of office and ethic known to man during the 2000 Gore/Bush Presidential election and stopped the counting in Florida...along with the illegal obstacles she emplemented to bar people from the polls...thereby allowing Bush/Cheney to literally steal the Presidency of the United States. Remember her? The woman so richly rewarded by the corrupt Bush/Cheney payback machine? Maybe it was the makeup. Not sure. I just know it was really spooky.

And the night just keeps getting better...President Clinton just gave an excellent speech. The most moving part to me was his reference to the President of the United States taking the oath (in part) to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. An oath that for the last 8 years has become nothing but an empty promise. Perhaps b/c as a Prosecutor I have worked serving that same oath my whole career that I find the current state of affairs so repugnant. While admittedly in comparison, my job is absolutely miniscule compared to the presidency, the oath is no less binding on me or any other public servant than on the President. Its the same oath that police officers take, that military service men and women take, that all public servants take. Perhaps b/c I personally know people who have devoted their lives to and literally given their lives in protection of that sacred oath, that I can't stand how the current administration has bastardized that promise into empty, meaningless words. I could go on and on...but for now I'll step off my soapbox and go...Vice President Biden is about to speak...

God, I love this!

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

ok soap box girl - who is Biden - and why should I vote for them??

of course a dog could do a better job than the xxx we have in place now - ooops did I put that in writing :-)

I really wanted Hillary - :-(
** my cousin is in the crowd somewhere!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: