Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

More Party Gossip

CONTINUED FROM BELOW....

Here you can see the bride in the hot pink and black shirt. Unfortunately, Mr. Dimler is blocked in this shot. You can only see a bit of his blue shirt. Hopefully, I can get a better picture of them from others who were there and were taking pictures. Party started at about 5:30 p.m. , and we didn't get home until around midnight. Now that's the mark of a good party! Unfortunately, I had to change in to sneakers 1/2 way through, what with all the standing around and talking, and my foot has swelled up to the point where I lost my ankle again. Oh well, I guess that's the price you pay for having fun!




Despite the excellent food, T ate next to nothing....that is, except the cake. Take one guess...who really liked the cake, downed a huge slice, and was on a sugar high for the rest of the night? Both T and I have been tired all day today (Sunday), and have been taking it easy. One glass of wine and a party til midnight, and I'm dead-tired the next day. Oh my god how things have changed!

What was really great was seeing all my old friends. Sally (in the middle in black) I met when I was three. L, next to Sally in the gold shirt, I met at 5. We three went to kindergarten/first grade, junior high, and highschool together. The other two girls (in the halter top and green dress) we met in junior high. We've all chosen totally different paths to follow and see each other maybe once a year if we're lucky though usually less. However, whenever you put us together, its like we saw each other yesterday. Good lord, the amount of information we know about each other is scary: who we've liked, who we've hated, who we've chased after, who we've cried over, the list just goes on. ...and yes, that is my sis Aunt Dot peeking out from behind!



I wish T could grow up in a neighborhood similar to the one I had. Unfortunately, doesn't look like that's going to happen. Times have changed and neighborhoods here aren't as stable as in times past. People come and go too often. There's really no kids that live around here. Just little old grammas and grandpas.

In my old neighborhood, there were only one or two families that ended in divorce...quite rare even for those times. Most remain married still today. From just the families that were able to make it to the party, my parents, the Southerns, and the Schouldices will all be celebrating their own golden anniversaries within the next 2 years. My parents celebrate their golden anniversary at the end of the month, on the 30th.


I had to throw this last picture in...the kids retired to the master bedroom for a short time, and had fun watching TV. When we discovered them all lined up at the foot of the bed, I had to grab my camera!

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: