Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

Well, this crazy weekend is finally over. While the adults were slightly crazed with the potential storm, T had a great time watching movies. Here, she's watching the movie Enchanted. Notice how she can't even take her eyes off the screen long enough to wave Hi to the camera. As is usual for any of these princess movies, T insists on full dress-up. That way, she matches the TV when the ballroom dancing starts. Although, how she managed to dance and spin in those non-matching shoes is beyond me.

Dot took her to gymnastics class on Sat while I was dealing with the window man. I swear, the only person on the face of this earth, who thinks T is as beautiful, smart, accomplished and otherwise perfect as me, is my sister. Sometimes, she's worse than me! She regaled me quite a few times with how much better T was than the other girls in the class. Gee, think she's biased? Dot is certain she'll be in the olympics in 2020...in gymnastics, swimming and diving. She'll strip that "hack" swimmer Phelps of his glory in short order, as she'll do it in 3 sports!

We took the opportunity this weekend to purge toys and books. Remember my vow of "One toy in, one topy out"? 4 garbage bags later, there's now lots of room in the designated toy boxes. Dot thinks this is perfect, with Xmas coming up. I've already banned her from purchasing some toys, such as the LiteBright. T is still too young and I don't want to spend the next year of my life picking up those stupid pegs.

Lastly, I've gotten alot of good ideas about what to do with the bread. Did I mention that Dot bought a loaf too? Since I think I have one of the smallest freezers known to man with my "counterdepth" fridge that I had to purchase b/c of my tiny kitchen, I've decided to give the stupid bread away...along with one of the jars of peanut butter that I never eat, insist on buying every hurricane scare, and end up chucking b/c its gross and expired. I think I'll hunt up some hobos who live under the overpass near my office, and give it to them. At least they'll appreciate it. Hopefully.

Anyway, hope you all had a great weekend.

Posted by Picasa

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

KaraP said...

Great idea Carol...Feed someone with the extra food.

Love it.

Kara

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

That is an awesome idea!! Oh and BTW, if our loved ones are not biased in our favor who the heck is gonna be? It is so awesome that T has two wonderful cheerleaders in her corner. Looking forward to seeing you are AMF.

Hugs

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: