Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm just working for the Weekend...

Wasn't that a song from the 80's?? Maybe Rick Springfield or someone similar? That's the theme song of my life at the moment. As you may know, we'll be headed out to Disney this Sunday...that is if I can just make it through the next few days. Between now and then, I have to :

1. Prep two trials simultaneously at work. Something I've never done before and didn't think it would be as hard as it actually is. First one starts 10/6.

2. Drive my dad to Deland Florida (about 3.5 hours north) and back today (Wed) for a 1;00 p.m. meeting.

3. Back at work on Thursday and Friday for more prep and depos.

There very last thing I need to be doing is spending 3 days in Disney at this time, but it was all booked before my trial got moved to 10/6. The first trial was supposed to be done well before this trip. "The best laid plans...", huh?

All this, and I'm out of Calgon. I won't be "taken away" anytime soon, unless of course I'm Baker Acted, and dragged off to the looney bin. What could make this all the more miserable you ask? Yep, woke up at 3:00 a.m. with girlie cramps ...right in time to make the drive torture.


On an upnote, I was pleased to find out that I'm not too much of a geek. Click on the icon to rate yourself:



24% Geek


Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure I'd score as well on a Nerd test. I've yet to find that one, though!

5 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

I'm 30% geek, which surprises me since A) I can't fix my computer and B) I can't reset my digital camera when Sara screws up the settings. Being a third geeky, I should reap some benefits! Have a ball at Disney this weekend - wish we were there too.
Did you find out if you have a leak in your roof?

KaraP said...

OMG, I am more geek than both of you!!! 40% geek. Of course, I will admit I am a geek, but am I a nerd?? Oh well. I can reset my digital camera, fix my computer, set up everyone elses tv's with surround sound and hook up computers when called upon to do so. OMG I AM A GEEK!!!

Dorothy said...

Well I'm the coolest at 14%

Laura said...

By the way, I am an 80's geek and the "Working for the Weekend" song was by Loverboy! Mike Reno was gorgeous until the icky weight gain. (Yes, I know, weren't we all?)
By the way Dot - I always knew you were cool!
(Secretly jealous of both Dot, the coolest and Kara, who can hook up surround sound)

Tammie said...

Working for the Weekend was a great song! I'm an 80s nerd so I can tell you it's by Loverboy.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: