Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

My New Crush

Those who know me, usually have a fair idea of my biggest crushes throughout the years. I'm certain Ceci and a few others could name them. My earliest were boys/men like: Donny Osmond; that 1960's actor in musicals...Dot or perhaps Laura M would know his name..."The girl that I'll marry will have...to be..."; Dick Van Dyke (from the 1960 years, not of recent times), Vinnie Barbarino; Arthur Fonzarelli; George Michael (before I knew he was gay), etc.

More recently, I'd have to say that my current crush has been Steve Martin. However, poor Steve has been shoved aside in short order, by a man who is hot, smart, and funny albeit perhaps a bit too short. Two separate friends have sent me the link to his site to view this clip.

Fair warning: Its Political, and its a riot. And its exactly why I hate the "Rep. Hate Machine". Do they really think we don't remember their arguments and what they say? What's scary is that a large portion of this country is either too stupid or too ambivalent to care.

Introducing, my official new love:





ooops...I'm having technical difficulties...you can't hear my love over T's music. Sooo, here's the link to the site:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=184086&title=sarah-palin-gender-card

7 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Brownie Troop 157 said...

...and no, for God's sake, its NOT that evil Karl Rove! Very funny!

insanemommy said...

Please say it's the oh so hot Jon Stewart.... Oh is he delicious!

Laura said...

You'll be fighting me for him! Marry me, Jon!!!! Hilarious. I'm e-mailing you another one if I can find it.
By the way, the music on your site (your rated R site!) isn't on.

Laura said...

And by the way, considering I was born in 1967, I have zero memory of the 1960's musicals - although I did love Donnie Osmond too! That song, "Girl I will Marry" is from Annie get your Gun - no idea what the name of the actor was though. Jerry Orbach was in the 1960's version though.

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Alright Miss Laura,

Let's keep it nice or I'll have to put some comment-moderation on you! No need to get to get mean and flaunt your annoying 1967 year of birth! Those 60's musicals were running all through the 1970's. I'll consult dot on this name. She remembers it all, since she's 1961. He He.

Brownie Troop 157 said...

I googled my old love. It was Howard Keel, who was in the 1950's movie Calamity Jane with Doris Day. That was MGM's answer to Annie Get your Gun per Wickipedia.

Laura said...

Aaah, yes - Howard Keel. He did have a fab baritone voice. I also remember him from the TV show Dallas as Miss Ellie's second husband. And you're right, it was Calamity Jane. Also, do you remember yummy George Chakiras from West Side Story??? *Sigh*
I have a sick feeling if I had a blog, it would be PG-13.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: