Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, September 29, 2008

Are we Brave, or Just Stupid???


That was the question of the morning. Today, we woke up bright and early and headed out to Disney's Hollywood Studios...or MGM Studios for us old-timers. Close readers of this site, will remember that MGM and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground was the scene of our "discontent" last year. Some may remember that T threw the mother of all temper tantrums when we made her leave it. Dot and I had a plan this time. We'd just pretend it didn't exist.

This year, we got to the park, and T was acutally excited to go to the Ariel and Playhouse Disney Live Shows. Last year she needed some coaxing. Afterwards, we made it to a new ride, the Toy Story Ride. That's actually really fun, as its 3d and interactive, you ride through and shoot at stuff like in a shooting gallery. Quite clever. I was thrilled with my score in the 70,000's...that is until I saw posted that some snot-nosed little boy had the high score of the day...over 270,000. The Brat.

Anyway, we strolled some more, and T noticed right off the Shrunken Kids Nightmare Playground. And wanted in. Bad. There ensued quite a lengthy lecture from mom about how she can go inside, but can't get mad when its time to leave. I reminded her that last hear she hit and bit Aunt Dot and me, and made us very, very sad. I pointed out the area on my arm where my bruise had been from the little stinker, and she came over and kissed it. Ok, score one for the kid. Inside we went.

I'm happy to report that T acted very well. She enjoyed quite a few of the displays, and even went into this Rope house thing all by herself. Dot went with her first to make sure she could do it all, then she was rarin' to do it "all my myself". God, I hate that phrase. Anyway, I'm happy to report that there were no tantrums upon leaving. Of course as we strolled to lunch at the Sci Fi diner, like a Vietnam vet, I was having post-traumatic stress flash-backs of how I went tearing out of the place last year on the scooter with piercing horn a-tooting.

After lunch, T wanted to go back to the hotel. So, good old mom took her back, where she is currently napping, while Dot stayed and enjoyed the park some more. So here I sit, updating the blog and surfing the net, checking out the prices on Disney.com. Here's a tip, the princess dresses are 1/2 the cost online as they are in the park...that's not even when they're on sale. All the dresses in the park are an outrageous 65.00 - 70.00 apiece. Thieves. I'm waiting once again for after halloween, when I'm hoping to score a Snow White dress on clearance. Its currently on sale now for about 29.99, but I'm holding out for an after-holiday percentage off. Wish me luck

That's it from Disney Central.

Tomorrow, Tuesday, we're very excited b/c Aunt Ceci and Baisler will be meeting us at the magic kingdom. Yippee!!!!!! All T's been talking about is the Teacup ride. She can't wait. It will be interesting to see if she balks at it, at the last minute. That seems to be her MO.

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: