Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Searching for recipes and a little religion


Can some of you religious-types assist? Isn't there a saying that the good Lord takes care of children, idiots and morons...or something like that? I think its from the bible. Not sure, though. Whatever the actual quote is, I'm certain that its quite applicable to my family at the moment. Ike is continuing to haunt all parts south of us. Me, an admitted non-religious-type, is busy saying a prayer of thanks. Why? Turns out that Felipe the window man would not have been able to install the new windows at my parents house in time for the storm. If the windows are not in stock, it may take a few WEEKS to order up the hurricane windows and get them installed. Unlike my sweet Aunt Connie who has kept both her sanity and her common sense as she's aged, it would take an act of god of Miracle-sized proportions to get my parents to come to my house during a storm. All I know is that I'm breathing a MAJOR sigh of relief.


I have to stop watching the weather channel. They're worse than channel 7. I've just watched a documentary on Hurricane Andrew and its destruction. Just what I needed to feel safe and secure.


Meanwhile, Anybody got some good recipes that use bread? A really good bread pudding recipe that includes liquor, or some other such dish? What the hell are we going to do with 4 loaves of bread??

6 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

And I thought I was an impulsive buyer - must run in the family.

park it said...

Freeeze it - then take out what you need - toast - and viola (I alwasy do this -so I alwasy have fresh bread on hand) secret - freeze when new!
Glad Ike is skirting away...!!!
ahhhhhh.

KaraP said...

Carol,
I have the easiest recipe for you and Taylor...Snoopy Dawgs.

1 roll of crescent rolls (pillsbury)

1 pack of hot dogs

cheese slices.

Heat oven to 350, roll 1 hot dog in one crescent roll with 1/2 slice of cheese. Make as many as necessary and put on a cookie sheet. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Then eat. One cookie sheet used.

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Kara,

While not a "bread" recipe, it does look like one that would be right up my alley. Once I get rid of all the bread, I may just try it. Looks like a likely contender for Carol's Qwik Kitchen! I think I can improve on it...this looks like it could be cooked in the toaster oven. I'll experiment and report back!

Laura said...

Oh my gosh, you guys crack me up. I have to agree - Kara's recipe looks fabulously easy! I also have to agree with Carol M. - freeze the bread. Steve goes on a tear and buys multiple loaves on sale at Walmart or Woodman's and you can stick them in the freezer. Better yet - if you forget to pull out a new loaf, you have the handy toaster over and can pop a few slices in to thaw/toast very quickly when needed! I'm glad the cone has improved and hope everyone stays safe.

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Yes, freezing is the way to go! Hopefully, you have done that by now or you are going to freeze stale bread ;0)

I was actually quite surprised that anyone in South Florida would be coming to do those windows that quickly. Nothing happens that efficiently here.

Glad that we are out of the Cone of Misery. I am using that phrase contantly now thanks to you..ROFL!!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: