Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Little Drama Queen

I've mentioned before how T is a HUGE drama queen. She loves taking an emotion..happiness, sadness, madness, etc, and pretending to feel it to the nth degree. Here's an example of what she did tonight...

She's in her bedroom, clad in a princess dress of course, playing and watching TV. Suddenly I hear her making a noise...perhaps a cry, perhaps a groan of pain. It sounds like: Uhhh....Uhhhh.....Uhhhh....Uhhhh...over and over again. She comes running out, continuing the sound, and climbs up onto my lap, puts her head on my shoulder, and continues making the sound. One of my difficulties is sometimes trying to decipher whether or not she's faking. So, I start rubbing her back, saying "its OK,"... saying "Talk to mama, use words, use words Taylor, I can't help you unless I know whats wrong."

T picks her head up off my shoulder, gives me a VERY pathetic look, and says three words....


Cho-co-late chip cooookies


p.s. Dot's trip to Houston is cancelled due to Ike. I hope everyone says a prayer or sends good thoughts to all the people on the Texas coast. The Nat'l Weather Service has just forecast...for the first time ever... "Those who don't heed the order to evacuate who are in 1 or 2 storey homes, face certain death" for those who do not evacuate Galveston. That's really scary shit.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

I love that I am able to post a BRILLIANT comment - congrats to the DRAMA queen - sign that girl up for acting!!! Make mama rich!

ps pay close attention - as about 13 yrs fm now it will me I- Want/need A New Car - mama - (can you say eatting out of the palm of her hand!!!)

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Yep, I admit it! I'm a wuss! T did in fact score 2 chips ahoy cookies for that performance!

One for her score on technical difficulty, and one to reward her score for Artistic Interpretation.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: