Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, November 20, 2009

Pollo Grande Y Gordo

Yep, that's my little girl...a big, fat chicken. We got to the park this morning, and T was very excited. She was eyeing the big slide, and actually deigned to go on it. That's T leading the way up the stairs with some other little girls.

Problem was coming down.

Poor thing had a scared look on her face as she came flying down, and pronounced that she was "just a little scared". She then refused to go on anything else. Sigh.

Of course, this was after I realized that rides were 3 tickets apiece vs 1. That meant that my 2 books of tickets was only 12 rides. I went and bought 4 more books to last the whole weekend. Somehow, I think I'll be giving away tickets.

So instead, we came home and decorated the old xmas tree. I think it looks particularly good this year. The pic doesn't do it justice. It literally sparkles. The tree skirt is new. I bought it at downtown disney this year. Look close, and you'll see mouse ears in the design. Its gorgeous! Reminds me of a jeweled Indian sari.

Of course, my most prized ornament I received last year...my Obama Angel ornament that you see near T's head.
Anyway, we returned tonight to the carnival, where Dot only worked an hour. She was moved from the burger hut to the corn on the cob hut. I relieved her after her first hour, and did a stint myself, while she walked around the carnival. Let's just say I was a geneous to sign us up for the 8 p.m. to 10 stint, so we didn't cook along with the corn.

Jodie and Jack met us, and Jack coaxed T into riding the merry go round (that's T's back with Jack) and the bumper cars. Word is, she was fine on the bumper cars until the end, when some young boy bumped the heck out of their car, in a head on collision. That was it for rides for the rest of the night.

As I said (en espanol) she's a big fat chicken!

Posted by Picasa

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: