Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, November 27, 2009

Mission Accomplished....Sort of

Armed with my array of ads, I went tearing out this morning bright and early. However, I made a HUGE tactical error. I slept in. Didn't leave the house til 6:50 a.m. On an upnote, I headed to JCP, and scored 2 xmas dresses for T. They were on clearance and came with a bonus doll dress. The maker is "Cinderella" and they are truly beautiful. I've seen the same brand in Macy's for more money, so was thrilled to see them on clearance. T is thrilled, too. I can't seem to get her out of the thing, now. I also scored something for me to wear to the xmas parties this year. Content with my purchases, I left to finish executing my plan.
Next stop was the toy store. Good lord. At 8:15 a.m., there were barely any spots in the parking lot. That should have told me something. All of the the sale items I had carefully studied and made notes about were frickin SOLD OUT. What a bust. I was figuring that since I was relatively early and that there is a cold snap in the old swamp, people would stay in. This town loses its mind when it gets into the 60's. People either stay in or, more inexplicably, drive 20 miles UNDER the speed limit when its cold. But I digress. The store had opened at midnight, so the shelves were bare.


I left the toy store and made for Office M@x. There, at least, I scored presents for all my friends, so the morning was not a total loss.

So ends my first foray into Black Friday, in over 4 years. Next time, i may just stick to the internet.

Posted by Picasa

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Wanda said...

It amazes me how brave you all are. (I think I'd rather stick pins in my eyes then venture out on Black Friday.)

Glad you snagged some good stuff.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: