Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fab Day

What an absolutely FAB day today has been! Woke up bright and early, and dumped T off at school. Then headed down toward dadeland mall, with the intent of going to JCP and T-r-us. Trouble is, I got down there so early that both were closed. What happened to JCP doorbuster sales and opening at 8:00 a.m. on holidays? So, I was bummed. Luckily, Target was around the corner and I went there to burn time, and noticed a little sign...

"We price match with any other advertised special"

Yippee! I just happened to have the T-r-us ad in the car from Sunday. I've been saving it. Did anyone else notice it? They had sales going on lots of games. So, I bought a few for family game night to give to t as xmas presents. Some were 3.99 - 9.99 for games that were priced at target from 14.99 to 23.99. I think I saved about 30 bucks or more. This worked out perfectly b/c I was worried that the other store would be out, given that today was that the sale had started days ago.

So, I scored the following:

Hi Ho Cheerio: reg 10.99 I got it for 3.99
Perfection: reg 21.99, for 9.99
Guess Who: reg 18.99 for 9.99
Memory Game: reg 5.00 for 3.99
Mouse trap: reg 17.99 for 9.99
Some Pig game that pops its trousers as it eats cookies: 17.99 for 9.99

I also picked up a folding razor scooter for T, that we'll be able to stick in the old schoolbus and play with whereever we find sidewalks. As of today, the bulk of my xmas shopping is now done, so the building stress I've been feeling is gone.

I then did an errand for my parents, made sure my mom took her medicine, then met a friend for lunch at rosa mexicali. It was so much fun having a real, adult lunch for once. The sangria helped too:).

Now we're home watching Up, which so far, is a real downer, but perhaps will bet better when the house actually goes "Up".

Great day!

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Wanda said...

Wow - you did good. I guess I have to get my butt in gear and get shopping.
:0

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: