Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, November 6, 2009

Oh.My.God.

So, I pick T up from school today, to a good report from the teacher that she was much better behaved and didn't stalk or wreak destruction on the other children...especially Rene. We go off to the Nordstrom's (which coincidently was having their 1/2 yearly sale), and have dinner. I have a big fat glass of wine, and am feeling FINE. VERY FINE.

I then tell T that I want to go downstairs to check out the purses. I've been eyeing a purse on the sale table for the last 6 - 8 months. Even on sale, they were asking an ungodly amount of money. More than I would EVER spend.

But it was beautiful.

Hot pink leather with a bit of a sheen to it. It had a long shoulder strap, which can go across the body freeing both my hands to deal with T. The perfect purse. I just knew that they'd drop the price for this sale...I was hoping they'd drop it 100 bucks, so I could 1/2 way justify the purchase.

We go downstairs, and it was sold. I was crushed. Then I spotted an even better purse. Purple patent-leather Coach purse. I LOVE IT. I buy it as a xmas present to myself, and then we go to the area where the steps are outside in the mall area, so T can play and run around.

I sit on the bench content with life, as T runs around this big grassy area with steps that she jumps around on. She's about 50 - 60 ft away at the furthest, on the concrete area, when I see her do the pee pee dance. She looks at me from afar, spreads her legs and squats. I start yelling like a crazy woman,

"Don't you do it!!"

My relaxed shopping-induced , alchohol-induced euphoria was shot to hell. IN SECONDS. She did it. She peed where she was standing, through her panties with her dress lifted up.

OH.MY.GOD.

Both my purse and my prized new purse, were both left on the bench forgotten as I went tearing across the lawn as fast as a fat, middle-aged lady with a bad back and bad foot could move. Oy. I'm not sure what embarassed T more: Her accident or her crazy mother.

I had to hunt up security to confess T's sin so that they could call maintenance, to deal with the puddle of pee. I was worried one of the babies or toddlers, who often play in the area, would unknowingly toddle right into it and start playing in pee. Yuck.

So ends our nice, relaxing evening at the mall.

Needless to say, we're now home taking baths.

I hope this isn't a harbinger of how the rest of the weekend will turn out...

4 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

Never a dull moment - I can't help but wonder "What Next".
T sure keeps life interesting. xox

park it said...

Good Grief Charlie Brown- I wuld have paid $ to see that on youtube...and here I thought you ere going to tell me you lost your purse or something...

did you EVER have any idea mommyhood would be like that,,,

Wanda said...

Please tell me your purse and your new purse are still with you. though I'm guessing you would have mentioned that if they had disappeared.

Wow, never a dull moment for you.

chart said...

He He Ha Ha - Funniest thing I've read in a long time. Like Chinazhoumon, I would have loved to have seen that performance. xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: