Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Three Steps ahead...two steps back

that seems to the be theme of my life at the moment. Yesterday I was feeling like things were looking up. My back continues to improve, my mom is making strides in her rehab, my dad agreed to redo the kitchen and cut me a check which I dropped off at the store. I called Dot to come meet me at their house last night, to help empty the kitchen. I'm mostly useless with this dumb back.

Anyway, I go pick up T and dinner for us all. As I getting out of the car, my dad is exiting the house and says, "Oh Carol, your mother just called and wants to come home. I'm going to pick her up".

WHAT THE HELL????

Yes, he was literally going over to "get her". Misses her terribly and doesn't understand why she has to be there. I has a visceral distrust of all things medical. Anyway, I called the hospital, and told them to keep the phone away from my mom, and warned them that he might try and break her out. They're on red alert.

So, I slept here last night, on the pretext that workers were coming this morning. Really, it was to keep track of my dad. Anyway, he seemed better this morning, so I'm hopeful.

For my Aunt Connie's benefit, I think she'll only be in her room this week from like noon to 1:15, then back in her room at 4:00. I'm hopeful that they are going to start with the walker this week.

That's it for now.

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Wanda said...

Yikes....all I can say is hang in there.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: