Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Highes and Lows

Yesterday was a day of highs and lows.

The highs:

  • My mom is in a facility that offers competant adequate care. You have no idea what a relief that is.
  • Mom was evaluated by all the therapists yesterday. They got her dressed, sitting a wheelchair, and wheeled her down to the gym for physical therapy.
  • A Neurologist stopped by who I like. Her old one was an asshole, and we searching for a new one was on the now-lengthy to-do list.
  • Taylor has been particularly good dealing with the whole thing, and there is no problem at all in taking her to visit grandma.

The Lows:

  • My dad is lost and doesn't know what to do without my mom.
  • I arrived at their house yesterday to find a flood in their downstairs utility room and den...which resulted in a high of a coworker sending over her brother and cousin, who are both plumbers, who fixed it on the spot...and got the hot water in the washer working. So, not sure if this is a blessing or not.
  • Mom can't remember breaking her hip, doesn't understand why she's in rehab, and gets mad. Guess that's to be expected. I'm going to make up a book of the pictures I took of her in the hospital, to remind her.
  • Lastly...brace yourselves....between carrying in groceries, mopping up the flood with heavy wet towels, helping my mom shift in bed and bending over it the past few days....you guessed it...I threw my frickin' back out. I'm in bed as I type this. Can't stand up straight.

So, new plan is for me to recover enough so that I'm on my feet by friday or saturday. Spending the day in bed and maybe tomorrow. Dot is here to take T to school, and then my friend Marie will pick her up.

One day and one task at a time, that's the only way to survive.

I have a few pics of my mom all dressed, and one of her actually smiling, that T took. Can't post, though, as there's a glitch with blogger at the moment.

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Wanda said...

Oh no....not your back too. Well....maybe you need a few days in bed to rest and de-stress. I'm glad you have a good support system around you. So important!

Laura said...

Carol!!!!! I'm so glad you're in bed chilling out for a few days. Hang in there. I'm so proud of T as well and sorry you and Dot have to go through this. Hugs to all three of you.

chart said...

Somebody has put a hex on the Jordans. Woe unto them when I find out who. I know my sister is having a hard time accepting her situation but am happy things are going pretty well there. Now there are back problems. I wish I could take some of the load you and Dorothy are carrying. I'm here to help in ANY way possible. Please rest and try not to worry. Love to U 3....xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: