Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm so out of shape...

...its pathetic. Because of this, I went out today hoping to purchase an exercise bicycle. Back in the days when I lived on SoBe and actually went to the gym religiously, the exercise bike was always my fav. Since I have ZERO chance of going to the gym with or without T given my schedule, I thought I'd buy the bike.

I did some internet research, and found one that I like. Unfortunately, all the comments speak to how difficult it is to assemble. As Dot pointed out, "You had enough trouble with a big wheel, you really think that you can assemble that thing?" Oy.

She has a point.

So, the only place that I found locally that sells the bike I'm interested in and that would also assemble and deliver the thing, is sports @uthority, aka in T-speak as "The Exercise Store". We went tearing out to buy it this morning, only to discover that they didn't have it in stock. Just my luck. Didn't even have a floor model so that I could look at it. As I was trolling this section, T discovered the Wii... and commenced playing the thing... like a pro. Seriously.

So, yep, you guessed it, I came home with the Wii sport and fitness. I just did a small 30 minute routine with the fitness program, and am sad to say that it is proving to me how sadly out of shape I am. Even if I could, which I can't, I don't want to do too much yet, as I don't want to throw my back out before a trial again, like has happened in the past.

So, the bike is on hold for now, as I play around with this thing. I highly recommend it, if anyone is thinking of getting it.

We'll see how much my muscles ache in the morning.

Meanwhile, T is playing golf as I type. I'm laughing b/c golf-afficionados would cringe to hear her saying "Hi-Ya", and attempting to karate chop the ball. Too funny.

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

I am totally coveting a Wii. I honestly think it looks like a cool family thing to have. Stuff for kids plus fitness stuff for parents! Someday....
BTW, Steve and I joined the gym for New Year's. Oy is right.

Anonymous said...

Hey - the Wii is a great exercise tool. I've heard the Jenny McCarthy program is really good and the boxing as well. Good luck and don't pull your back muscles.

xoxo,
Cecilia
P.S. I think my Mom has one of the reclining exercise bikes that is supposed to be good for your back. Let me know if you don't have her phone # if you want to call and ask her how she likes it.

KaraP said...

Hey Carol, Wii will bite you a bit until you get used to it. Be careful with your back, I have to be careful with my neck. Mae-Lei is learning, but my nephew is a total pro at bowling on the wii and pretty good at the rest.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: