Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'M DONE!!!!!

Today, we went to Toys R Us, for T to sit on various bikes to determine which was the correct size. As I suspected, the 14 inch Fairies bike was perfect, with room to grow. Bonus is that it was on sale. I purchased it using the little product card, so T is none the wiser. I'll return tomorrow and pick it up already assembled, and store it in the shed until xmas.

With this purchase, my xmas shopping...at least for T...is complete. Wooo Hooo!

Meanwhile, I can't stress how important the buyer reviews are, especially on toys. You can find them at all the websites like toysrus, target, and amazon. T was playing with this mickey mouse car racetrack thing that I thought I'd pick up when I returned for the bike...at the exhorbitant price of 44.99. I went online, and learned that it only received 1 star from most parents. The consensus was that its a piece of crap and the thing falls apart after each use.

Happy shopping everybody!

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

Yea, I am done too - K is getting a princess bike - and yes the online reports - were hands down the deciding factor...
I am telling her I GAVE HER the bike - Not Santa - he can bring something like a doll - i want credit for the bike...is that wrong?

Laura said...

I've barely started but since we're also getting Sara some bigger items, it won't take too long. One of the smaller gifts I got her was a Kai Lan DVD - I almost didn't get it since she's seen most of the episodes on it but the reviews and reactions/descriptions of parents were also a deciding factor. I agree - I make many decisions based on reviews, especially at Amazon.
By the way, this evening, one of Sara's ballet dresses (dress up) and a blanket she also uses in dress up were confiscated and put up on a shelf in plain sight due to her not listening. I got the idea from you.
And Carol M., you are not wrong. I refuse to really perpetuate the Santa myth since Sara isn't a fan anyway and I will not give him credit for giving her cool presents!

Manette said...

I wish I could say the same... Which is truly unusual for me, but hopefully this week we'll solve that problem!!! ;)

Sending you all lots of hugs and happy wishes during this, my most favorite, time of year...

Happy Holidays!!!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: