Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Day After...


...our day or two after has been just as hectic as the holiday itself and this picture has absolutely nothing to do with today's post. I wish this was the picture from today!

My sister, Aunt Dot, went home yesterday afternoon to organize and pack for her upcoming trip. I aggravated my back again picking T up after she left, but not enough to slow us down much. T and I went out to Nordstroms b/c really, how could I possibly let Black Friday pass without entering a store?? (online purchases just aren't as satisfying)

I allowed T to bring her little dolly stroller with us. That was a stroke of genious. She was thrilled to be pushing her Princess Fiona doll all around the store as I hobbled along at a snails pace due to my stupid back. She'd smile and wave to every adult she passed, as if she was riding on a float in the Macy's TGDay Parade. We had dinner at the store, then discovered a secret 50% off clearance sale going on. I scored 3 Tahari suits for work. Each was well under $100.00. One is actually a little too dressy for work. A cool Beige and gold number. Fabulous!

Today, we were off bright and early to gynastics class, only to discover that class was cancelled this weekend due to the holiday. Crap. Instead, we played in the tot lot for an hour, then went off to lunch at McDonalds. We came home and changed for Nickolas's 3rd Birthday party. It was a pizza party that T had no interest in having already eaten lunch. Then we were off to Boomers.

Boomers is an amusement park with kiddie rides, gooney golf, go-carts, and a huge video arcade complete with rock climbing wall. T didn't partake of much until we discovered the bowling. There are gutter guards so that the ball actually has a chance of hitting the pins. Its also done with a much smaller ball with no holes. The kids basicly hurl the small hard ball, which is about 6 inches in diameter down the lane. Sometimes 2 or 3 at a time. There really all no rules, and they each hurl the ball one after the other until the sets are over. They were thrilled.

If you haven't notice yet, I have yet to mention a nap. there wasn't one. Instead, as we left boomers at 5:00 p.m., there was an all-out temper tantrum in the carseat. This tantrum included her wiggleing out of her carseat, and me having to pull over on I-95 to strap her back in and tighten the straps so hard I almost threw my back out again in the process. The kid screamed a good 15 - 20 minutes straight. Had T been mobile, I'm sure that this tantrum would have rivaled her performance last year in Disney and that stupid Honey I shrunk the Kids playground. Then, like flipping a switch, she was sleeping.

So ends our day. God knows what tomorrow will bring.

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

There must be something in the air...K played with her cousins all day while I celebrated my aunt's bday with 30 of her lifelong friends...anyway - we left - she fell asleep for the 20 min drive home - upon getting home started screaming that she wanted to put together her gingerbread house (of which I have told her 20ish times we could do it after the tree was completed...it is not) She screamed for maybe 30 mins - then finally started screamming mommy - (she was doing all this in her room) I just kept folding clothes - thinking this too shall pass and there was no way I was giving in - she was tired/needed to eat etc - Alas - my point - it is in the air - other than that - we had a great day!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: