Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Campaign Rallies and Pixie Dust

Anybody want to hazard a guess as to what we were doing this morning? I got an email last night that Hillary Clinton was going to be at the Dade County Auditorium for a Get the Vote Out campaign rally. This auditorium is literally blocks from my house. How could we no go??? So, bright and early we got up and were in line by 10:00 a.m. Unfortunately, her plane was late and she wasn't even landing until noon. I figured she wouldn't get there until around 1:00. Ain't no way in hell T was going to last that long. She was already getting grumpy around 11:00. So we had to leave.

What I loved seeing, was that this line consisted of a slice of america. Black, white, Asian, Hispanic, young, old, gay, straight, a few disabled and blind, and everything in between. Though it was hot and running late, no one was complaining. We were interviewed by a NY newspaper about our thoughts on Hillary vs. Obama. I told him the only way they could quote us, was to mention T in the piece as well. He diligently took her name and age, and I mentioned how she voted on Nick for Obama already. Guess we'll have to google her name in a few days to see if she made the piece.

Anyway, since T was such a good girl, we went to target and bought her the new tinkerbell movie. Guess the rest of our day will be filled with fairy sprites and pixie dust.

Hope your weekend is going as well.


UPDATE: Personally, I thought that the tinkerbell movie was a big fat bore. Didn't hold T's attention through it all, either. Bummer. I'd buy something else. Anybody have an opinion on Ice Age II? We almost boutht that instead, but T wanted the Tinkerbell movie.

Posted by Picasa

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

Sorry Hillary was late but glad you had that experience anyway! Got wonderful news last night. Both my parents have been undecided with my mom leaning toward Obama and my dad leaning toward McCain. Found out they voted early and did NOT split the vote - both voted for Obama! I'm so happy!!!! I'll be voting with Sara on Tuesday at 7 AM!!!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: