Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Weekend Update

Don't have much time to blog lately, so I'll do this post in bullet style:

  • I drove on Friday for the first time. Went to put T on a waiting list at St. Peters and Paul Catholic School. She's going to go there for PreK-4, if I can get her into one of the 25 slots. Then the plan is to switch her a K-8 public school. ...if we don't fall in love with the first school. The public school is a special international magnet language school. Its also not a sure thing that she'll get in. I'm thrilled with it b/c it would take care of elementary and Jr. high and it's also an "A" rated school, a rarity for Dade County Public Schools. Unfortunately, the language is not chinese. She'll come out fluent in spanish. I live in hope, though, that they will add chinese as perhaps an elective. More on my obsessing about T's education later.

  • I also drove into work to pick up some more stuff to work on over the weekend. My back was a little dicier than I had hoped after all the movement, so instead of staying I came back home and rested it. Come hell or high water, I'm going in on Monday for our trial.

  • T has an ear ache. Dot took her to the doc yesterday and confirmed the infection. Luckily, there's been no fever with this one, so hopefully it was caught quickly and will clear up soon. Its not a constant battle to make T take her medicine every morning.

  • No gymnastics this weekend, what with me laid up, dot busy, and T with her infection.

  • Cold front supposedly coming through, we're hoping it gets down into the 70's. Brrrrr.

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

Even with your dicey back, T's ear infection and Dot's busy,busy, schedule -
things seem to be a little better at the 1st Street Casa. Can only hope all will continue and you will be Golden at your trial next week. T's schooling plans are very interesting and so smart of you to implement them now. Luv Ya.
PS.....I've missed the blogs.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: