Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Day Morning

We woke up bright and early, and headed out to the City of North Miami...where I grew up and my parents still live, for the annual Winternational Parade. When I was in jr high and high school, I used to march in this same parade. I was in the drumline and played the bells. My freind Tina, pictured below, played the piccolo and was also in the color guard. She could spin a rifle like nobody's business! After parking, I loaded up the folding camp chairs, which I always carry in the schoolbus, onto the stollers and T and I managed to make it to the curb without throwing my back out. Success!!


I met my old friend Tina and her family at the parade. Tina is the woman with the dark curly hair. She came with her sis-n-law and her hubby in the blue tshirt in the back. Her 2 cute kids are sitting next to T. I also ran into some other old friends as well. We all had quite a good time. Plus, it got T out of the house so that Dot could whip up her gourmet meal.




Here's my old high school's marching band. Boy, what a change. While I admit that I know we were band geeks back in the day, at least there were over 100 of us. Now, apparently, its even more geeky and taboo to join the band, b/c this was one of the dinky'est bands I'd ever seen. They were all playing their hearts out, though, and got lots of cheers from the crowd.

Meanwhile, is it a sign of my age that I was somewhat shocked by the skimpy outfits the baton and flag girls were wearing?? I won't even mention the "dance" they did. Lets just say, all that was missing was a pole.

Posted by Picasa

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: