Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Big O


The country simultaneously as a group finally achieved the Big O last night...after 8 long years of unsatisfactory and unfulfilling governmental encounters.

Now, now, minds out of the gutter, girls, I'm talking about the Big Obama. Was it just me, or did everybody seem a little happier and upbeat today, looking fresh and dewey with an after-election glow?

What I wouldn't give for a ticket to any one of the inaugeral balls. What I know I wouldn't give is the $500 - 1800 current ticket price. That's a lot too steep for my pocket. However, wouldn't it be nice to spend January in DC? Alas, I fear that's just a pipe dream. Perhaps, though, we'll consider a trip up north this year to see family and friends, and stop off in DC along the way. DC has long been my 2nd favorite city after NYC. I can't imagine how exciting it will be once the hope and energy of the Big O hits town.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

KaraP said...

If you come north, let us know. We are a couple hours south of DC and would love to see you all. I can't believe it has been almost 3 yrs since we parted ways in Newark, NJ. I would love to see Taylor again.

KaraP said...

and you and Dot. Sorry.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: