Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Ears, Tubes, and Stats

First thing this morning I called the doc to get an appt for T. She has been pulling on her ears as if something is wrong. I peeked in over the weekend, and thought I saw something in her ears. Figured it was the tubes finally coming out. Last night I looked again, and saw nothing. Therefore, I figured that the tubes either fell out or she pushed them back in. Either way, I figured the doc better take a look.

Yep, one peek inside and the doc reported that they're lodged in her outer ear...not up where they're supposed to be, and stuck in wax. The doc got out her nifty tools, and seconds later the tubes were history. I suspect that they finally came out due to a recent growth spurt.

Yep, its official and you heard it here first: T HAS GROWN!!!! T weighed almost 30 pounds today, with her clothes and shoes on. Up a whopping pound and a half. What's bigger news is her height. She's been at 36 inches for about 6 months or more. Today, she measured a towering 37.5 inches. We've finally broken the 3 foot mark!

So, all in all, a success! Swim class is coming along nicely and after the doc worked her magic, T wasnt' tugging on her ears in the pool anymore.

Meanwhile, I think I'm going to look around for a martial arts class. No idea what type of class. I'll have to do some checking. All I know is that before KungFu Panda, and especially now afterwards, T can't seem to stop herself from KungFu'ing and Hiiii-Yaaaa'ing all over the house.

If anyone has any recommendations...I'm all ears!

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Tracy Everitt said...

Hi Carol, It's been awhile. I love your blog. Taylor is so, so cute! Our babies are all grown up! Addy (Adelynn) is so much fun too. She only stops talking when she's asleep. She is going to be petite, she is 26 lbs. but she is sassy! She will have no trouble making her mark on the world.
Your blog is very creative and the way you word things is so much fun to read. I look forward to hearing about your adventures. Take care,
Tracy Everitt

Single PAP said...

hi
just saw your comment on my blog. another single mom! i had to add you to my blogroll. your daughter is adorable. :-)
~laura

chart said...

Hi Kids: Was just thinking===MARTIAL ARTS!!! T could soon be known as The Daycare Master of Disaster. Happy to learn about the tubes and swim progress. Hope one-arm Dotty is not having to many problems.....xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: