Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pool Fun...Or not!

Here's T working her magic with Uncle Sam who was charming her with his bubble machine. T was basically confined to the little girl pool, when I realized that she has totally lost her swimming skills.


We had a big scare in the big-girl pool. I was sitting on the top step leading into the pool. There are about 5 steps in total. T was busy standing on the bottom step playing. She went down to the last step on which she could stand, and was playing holding the railing.

Well, I was busy sitting on the top step, watching her and taking in the scenery. Literally, I turned my head for 2 or 3 seconds to look out over the bay. When I turned back, T was out about 6 inches out from that last step, fighting for her life. She was starting to drown. I'm sad to say that it took about 1 second (a lifetime in that situation) for me to realize what I was seeing. I thought I was going to throw up. I don't think I've ever moved so fast in my life, and without a care at all for my stupid foot. All was well and I was able to rescue her with no harm to either of us, except a few more grey hairs for me. We both suffered a bad scare. The 12 lifeguards who all looked about 16 - 18 yrs old? Standing around socializing with each other. No one except me noticed a thing, and the pool was crowded.

Needless to say, after that drama, T sayed in the baby pool unless actually in the arms of me or Dot. I was yearning for a stiff shot of tequila, but I still had a long time left to watch after T, as this happened as soon as we got to the club. I had to keep my senses about me. Interestingly, by the end of the day and after our swimming on Saturday afternoon in Ceci's pool, T was regaining her swim skills.

T still can't float on her back or breathe while swimming, but she was pushing away from me and swimming to the wall from about 3 or 4 feet out. I was so proud of her. She didn't let "the incident" scare her away from the water. She kept insisting on doing it over and over. Repeatedly demanding "AGAIN!"


Lastly, no T hasn't passed out under the table from sheer fun. The boys were playing a blistering game of pingpong, and T appointed herself the official pingpong ball chaser. As you can see, she did it with her usual enthusiasm for the task.

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: