Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, July 25, 2008

Families on the Move and GymBucks


Hi all,

I've tinkered with the families on the move list. Deleted families who have completed their journey and more importantly...added a family who just arrived in China. Check out Anna Li. The parents appear to be in their 30's with 2 older kids...and are adopting a 12 yr old. The site has music (Christian music) so if you're not a fan or are sneaking at work, hit the mute button before exploring!

Seeing older children finally find a family of their own is one of my favorite things!! BTW, these Cheeto-Mulan photos have nothing to do with the subject of this post. They're just here for your viewing pleasure!

Meanwhile, long-time readers of this site know of my love affair with all things Gymboree. That's pretty much the only place I shop
for T, as I absolutely know what size will fit her. I can't tell you the $$ I've wasted buying other brands at Macy's or the Nordstrom Outlet that don't fit. In fact...they'll NEVER fit. So, I stick with what I know.

Anyway, Gymbo has a nasty little marketing scheme that they use. Its called GymBucks. At certain times during the year, you earn Gymbucks with your purchases. These Gymbucks, which are in denominations of 25.00, can then be used at specified times in the future...usually a month or so away to give you time to lose the damn things! So, when its time to "redeem" the stupid Gymbucks, you feel obligated to do it. Problem is, you have to spend double the amount, i.e. to redeem 25.00 of gymbucks, your total purchase before the bucks must be at least 50.00. So basically, its a 50% off sale.

I am proud to state, that I have $75.00 worth of gymbucks currently burning a hole in my pocket. I'm even more happy to state that for the first time ever...I'm controlling my shopaholic ways and NOT
USING THEM! Ha! Take that, Gymboree! Of course, I admit I've come close (ooops!). I currently have a shopping cart full of stuff totalling 152.87 from their online store. However, I'm refusing to click "Purchase". I keep telling myself..... She has enough clothes...She has enough clothes.... For god's sake, I just scored 7 bags of loot from Aunt Ceci and Gabs, T does NOT need more clothes! I just need to stand firm for another 2 days, then the time to redeem the coupons will be over.

The damn bucks expire on Sunday 7/27 at midnight. If anybody wants them, let me know and I'll email you the serial number and pin numbers. I have one coupon for 25.00 and another for 50.00. You can have one, or both, depending upon what you want to spend. First come, first served! You'd be doing me a great financial favor!

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Well, I'm happy to report that the Gymbucks are gone to a very nice family who will look even MORE fabulous in gymbo's current fashion lines.

You know who you are...thank you so much for saving me from myself!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: