Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Chairman Nan

I've posted before about my daughter's love of issuing orders. She does so with such command and flair, that she literally rivals Chairman Mao. Therefore, I lovingly call her Chairman Nan (her chinese last name) when she starts in.

So, to set the scene, faithful readers of this blog are well aware that Aunt Dot sacrificed about 2 months of her life, living here while I was incapacitated due to my stupid almost-broken ankle/foot. Poor Dot did everything for us. Well, this past weekend, Dot was over and I was busy sitting on the couch minding my own business. I was watching TV and quite content.

T came over to the couch, looked into my nearly empty diet coke cup. Chairman Nan then turned to Aunt Dot and announced to Dot, "My mama needs more soda!", in quite the commanding voice while handing her the soda cup. YIKES. Both Dot and I were slightly stunned at this edict and could barely contain our laughter.

Of course, this earned T quite the lecture on how its not Aunt Dot's job to wait on either of us. Privately though, I was quite proud of her cunning, since it was patently clear that she's the one that wanted more diet coke, not her mama. Little did she know that her scheme would have garnered better results, if she had just asked Dot for some for herself. Its widely known that Aunt Dot can deny her nothing. God help us if T ever figures that out.

Anyway, I'm suspicious that my lecture didn't make much of an impression. T also has a great capacity to ignore such things.

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: