Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Saturday Fun and Calamity

After all our fun at the 4th of July Party, we came home and grilled burgers and dogs. We admit to being exhausted (at least the adults were, the kids were still raring to go!). Since G and T were making a lot of noise marching around the house as if in a parade, I took them outside and let them parade for real. Those who know me well know that I'm the Queen of Parades...the Parade Master if you will...I've marched in more parades than their combined ages! So, they marched all around the neighborhood shouting out "Happy Fourth of July" at the top of their lungs to every house we passed and car that drove by.

In this picture, they're woefully out of parade formation, but having fun nonetheless. The dried-up old tree branches they found were handy pretend-batons. It was an odd parade of 2 drum majors, marching to a beat all their own. We then watched firewords across the bay from Aunt Ceci's back porch and called it a night.


Then came Saturday...

The plan was for the girls to go to visit their friend Emma, who just turned 6 in July. They got all dressed up, and went off with Dot. Or should I call her Calamity Dot? Yep, surprisingly enough, I suffered no great calamity on this trip. Can't say the same for Dot. Dot was taking a shower, bent over to pick up the dropped soap, and took a spill... litereally out of the tub, pulling down the shower curtain as she went. After untwisting herself from the curtain, she came downstairs to report a swollen wrist. Based upon my tragic experiences, I counselled her immediately to go to the ER, but she declined and the girls went off to the party.

The girls had a great time together. They had lunch and sang on a kareoke machine. Given T's ability to carry a tune, I'm frankly relieved that I didn't have to suffer through, I mean enjoy, that performance. How do you like this pose? They look like the next generation of Charlie's Angels to me!

Anyway, Dot met us at the mall, and was complaining about her wrist. Finally, she deigned to go off to the ER at around 3:00 p.m. The ER is just up the street from Aunt Ceci's house. Dot returned around 11:30 p.m.... well after Uncle Peter and S had to deliver provisions to her...diet coke and dinner.

Diagnosis? Broken wrist. Luckily, its her left arm, which is in a cast from her fingers to above her elbow. She's screwed for about 6 weeks. Luckily, it wasn't a bad break, and they didn't even have to set it, which hurts like the dickens. Plus, she can also drive.

So, between me and my pronounced limp and Dot with her casted arm, we're quite a sight to behold as we chase after T. Luckily, we returned to Miami without incident and are now happily nesting in our own homes. T, finally, is exhausted and is napping on the couch in her Ariel dress. I told Dot that T and I are at the ready. Just say the word and we'll move in with her and take care of her. So far, she's declined.

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

KaraP said...

Well, it looks like y'all had fun. A big Get Well Soon to Dot. We hope to see you all sometime soon.

chart said...

akdjHi Kids.....I sure enjoyed your July 4th trip. So sorry Dotty tried to be a Bathroom Olympian. Since 7/4 was my Big Bang Anniversary, I locked the front door, threw the keys under the bed and stayed home day and night. HO-hum.
Till next time.....XOX

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Dot, I hope you heal up soon! Oh my goodness; you have been up to your eyeballs in being injured. Hopefully, this streak has ended.
Hope to see the three of you soon.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: