Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Slip and Slide Fun


Remember this fun thing from our childhood? Dot and I never had one, and I ALWAYS wanted one. It looked like so much fun. Well, T and I were over at my parents house this weekend, while Leonor cleaned. I decided to make a target run, to look for something with which to entertain T, as she had no toys over there. I was thinking that I'd find a little pool. While scouring the "water play" area, I came up with this little gem. On major sale, too. I think it was like $5.00.

I took it into the parent's back yard, set it up, and T proceeded to have the time of her life. Now, she wasn't really slipping and sliding like you'd see the kids in the ad on TV doing and I couldn't demonstrate givne my trick back and my bum foot. No matter, T had fun running back and forth anyway, and splashing in the water. Finally, after about 2 hours, we called it a day and I dragged her home.

We're storing it at my parents' house for future use. I highly recommend it. Problem is, you need enough fairly level grass space. I don't...too many pavers in the back, but the grandparents yard is perfect! I must admit, it was nice seeing T playing and having fun in the same yard in which I played and had fun as a child. My parents moved into that house just before my 3rd birthday...just about the same age as T. Though literally a lifetime ago, funny how it seemed just like yesterday.

Unfortunately, no pics, b/c I didn't have my camera.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

This proves that what goes around comes around. xox

RamblingMother said...

What fun.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: