Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Problems

So, went in for my needle biopsy today and left the place without it taking place. Since the last two i've had there, they've supposedly "improved" the technology. The new table that you lay on is very hard, and has a hole in the middle that the boob in question hangs through so they can work on it. The problem was twofold: the table itself is concave, with the bottom of the slope being where your boob goes, then both sides of the table slope up from there. Not a big slope, just one acute enough to AGGRAVATE MY FRICKIN BACK.

The second problem is that you can not move a muscle during the procedure. They had me in there laying on the torture table for almost an hour and a half, as they tried to get the right spot lined up. I couldn't take it anymore. Maybe if they had me lined up right from the start, I could have tolerated it all. But they didn't.

As usual, the calcifications are in a really hard area to reach...on the side of the boob, way back almost on the chest wall. There was no way I could continue to lay there without moving a muscle, while they did the procedure. Almost threw my back out as it was. Turns out, after I was reduced to tears, they inform me that apparently I'm not the first to complain about the table. Almost everyone complains about the head/neck area, but people with back problems complain like I did and often can't proceed with the biopsy.

So, the alternative, apparently, is a surgical biopsy. I have an appt with the dreamy dr on 10/6 to talk about it all.

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

Carol,
So sad! Ouch! Keep me posted on what your doctor says.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: