Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Consequences

Tonight was a lesson for T that actions have consequences. She was a good girl at school, and asked to go to the restaurant for dinner. Since I thought that would be a nice change from eating leftover hamburgers that Dot grilled up this past weekend, I said OK.

We get there, and T goes tearing off running to the restaurant, promptly earning a lecture from me about how even though she knows where we're going, she has to wait for me...especially when I yell RED LIGHT across the damn store and she keeps running. Big NoNo.

She barely listened to me during the lecture, and was bordering on being out of control as we stood in line. Not standing still and not listening to me when I would ask her to do something. She was warned that we'd leave if she didn't listen..three times....to which she responded by throwing her headband onto the floor.

Done. Game over. Time to leave.

This is the first time we've ever left the restaurant. She didn't want to go, and proceeded to lay on the ground refusing to walk. With my back, I can't really pick her up. A few pinches got her walking some, but then she'd balk again and lay on the floor. I had to get her out of there by holding both hands at my chest level with her handing down from there, I'd then lift her up with my foot under her butt, forcing her out of the store. The whole time she's doing her wet noodle impression. I think I injured me knee in the process.

So, she's lost TV and DVD priveleges for the rest of the week, she's lost ice pop priveleges for the rest of the week, and we're not going back to the restaurant for a really, really long time.

Problem with the dumb consequences though, is that I've cut off my nose to spite my face. Now, I'm banned from the restaurant as well. Bummer.

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

It is like I tell K when she looses TV - honey - mommy really does not like to take TV away from you (how will I sneak some computer time in before dinner?)
Hope your body holds out!!!
*when we were in Disney this weekend I told my friend the story of T and Mickey's tune town -melt down - she laughed out loud! (we have all been there - and it ain't pretty)

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: