Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Here Comes the Bride

So, this past sunday T and I were over at my parent's house. I took the opportunity to clean out 1/2 of their closet in their bedroom. I don't think that its ever been cleaned out since they moved in...in 1969. Got rid of about 8 big bags of junk. I'm only 1/2 done.

Anyway, one of the gems I found in their time-capsule of a closet, is the first holy communion veil worn by both my sissy and me. I made mine in 1971. My sissy a year or two before me.

T loves it. Its actually in much better shape than dot's old bridal veil. T insisted on grabbing some fake flowers, and prancing around the house pretending to be a bride.

Kept her out of my hair, at least.

I plan to look around for an old photo of me to scan in, wearing the veil, and post it with a pic of T in one of her white princess dresses. I thought of saving it for her event, but its yellowed and discolored from time, with some stains on it.

Good times!

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Wanda said...

Hi, your Taylor is so super cute. I love the veil on her. Very fancy!

Happy Halloween!

Wanda (At Last...)

Aunt Dottie said...

Hey,
If I only knew it was in their closet, I could have worn it to get married. NOT!!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: