Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sunday Park Fun

We were up bright and early on Sunday, and headed out to the Magic Kingdom. As you can tell from how we're dressed, it was COLD. Highs were only in the 60's. Perfect Disney weather. Another bonus, it wasn't too crowded.

I basically stay off most rides due to my bad back. I'd hate to throw it out over something so dumb as a disney ride, so I'm a bit "ride-shy". My sister Dot, however, is more than willing to fill in for me. She and T went on dumbo, which was inexplicitly pronounced as "too scary and too high" this time. The Kid has ridden it many times before, but this time balked. She also refused to go on almost every other ride. You'll note that I used the the word "almost". T did deign to go on "The Dolls", aka Its a Small World.

Over.

And Over.

And Over.

I think we rode the dumb thing about 20 times over the course of all the days. If I hear that song again, somebody's going to have to shoot me to put me out of my misery.

For the first time, though, we experienced Tom Sawyer's Island. I have many fond memories of the island. Ran wild for hours on it a few times with my cousins back in the 70's. In July, no less. Lets just say that its a bit more difficult for a 40 something, out of shape, overweight mom to do it. Yikes. Luckily, T wasn't in a very exploratory mood, so she was pretty easy to keep up with.
We left the park about 2:00 p.m., to take naps, then suited up for the evening at epcot. I relented and let T wear her Mulan costume, and she was thrilled. As you can see, she had her clothes on underneath due to the cold. She even got to meet "Mulan" in the park and get her autograph. We had dinner in mexico, explored china some more, then headed back to the hotel, as T was definitely "on the edge".

Next up: MGM Studios



Posted by Picasa

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: