Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Sign of Things to Come?


Many readers of this blog know of our sleeping habits in this house. Yep, we participate in the dirty little secret of parenting: We're "co-sleepers". Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know all about the pros and cons of it, but it works for us and I'm not worried. It all started when T started climbing out of her crib at about 14 months...and wandering the house at will. Since at that time, she had an unholy fascination with electrical sockets...and could dismantle an outlet adorned with a child-proof device with the skill of a safecracker...all done with the intent to LICK the outlet...I decided it was safer to keep her in bed with me so that I could monitor her late-night ramblings. We single moms do what we have to do.

So, for the last 3 years we've play a meticulously orchestrated dance of musical beds: We start out together...I move to T's bed....she gets up and comes and gets in it (its a twin and way too small for the both of us)....I go back to my bed...she gets up and comes back...or some derivation thereof...

Well, last night there was a change. A breakthrough, if you will, although I'm hesitant to jinx us by typing that... Last night T was in trouble...got into her bed...I shut the door with the light off (except the nightlight)...and she stayed there. She was crying some, but apparently cried herself to sleep. She stayed there by herself in her own bed all night. I stayed in my bed by myself all night. We both had a WONDERFUL night's sleep.

Could this be a sign of things to come??

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: