Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Austin's 4 yr old Carnival

What fun did we have this afternoon! We arrived at the party at about 4:00...the perfect time as the sun is less hot. Brilliant move calling the party for that late. We stayed til a little before 7:00. T went nuts in the bounce house, rode the train around the neighborhood, rode a pony for the first time...I have it on film...and generally had a ball.

Dora and Diego made an appearance, and T stalked them. SHAMELESSLY. Literally, the kid wouldn't leave them alone. Conned them into picking her up, dancing with her, rode the train with them...I've never seen anything like it.


I really thought that T would balk upon being actually placed on the pony's back, but not my girl today. She was braveness personified. Didn't even want me to ride the train with her. "I can do it myself, mama" was the anthem of the day.

I sat in the shade, knocked back a couple single-serve bottles of wine, ate a delish hotdog, and enjoyed the day chit chatting with acquaintances from work. ....all adoptive parents. One from Russia (in addition to the birthday family) and one from China. Then, I learned that there were a few other families there that were domestic adoptions and a couple of other foreign from Russia. I think all in all, there were about 8 or 9 adoptive families present.

It was a really, really nice, de-stressing end to the day. Especially since during the morning I went to my mom's house, and found their new car had been in a fender bender. Both deny any memory of how it happened. I found a key in my mom's purse, which I have now confiscated. Tomorrow when I'm over there, I'll deal with trying to get it fixed. Its not nearly as bad as her last accident. My impromptu investigation reveals that I think she hit a column or lightpost while parking, as I found some concrete dust in the damage. Who knows.
It will be very interesting to see what happens when they realize that neither of them has a key. I didn't tell them I was taking it.

So, now we're home and I'm packing and getting ready for our big sleep over at the parents house.

Wish me luck that we survive it!

Posted by Picasa

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

D & D look a little creepy for my taste in cartoon and in "real life"

glad she ha a super day!

Manette said...

Oh my goodess.... T looks HUGE on that pony!!! I'm glad she was so independant and brave.... And that she had loads of fun!

I'll be keeping your parents in my thoughts and prayers.

Sending you both lots of hugs,
Manette & the gang

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: