Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Not Again!

I think I mentioned before about how annoyed I am with the pediatrician's office. I had brought T in for her 4 yr old wellness visit 10 stupid days before her 4th birthday. They refused to give her her shots at that time, b/c she wasn't "4". TEN.STUPID.DAYS. Now, no one mentioned this stupid rule when I made the appointment, and I can't imagine what medical reason supports that little "office rule", so I was annoyed. I suspect the insurance company is behind that.

Anyway, I made a "shot" appointment after she turned 4 as required, obtained my coveted school immunization forms, and figured that was the end of it. Um, no. I get a call from the manager of the office saying "there was a problem with her shots" and to call in.

What the hell is any mother's response to that?? WORRY, that's what! I'm busy dialing and obsessing about what the problem could be...thinking the most obvious, of course...Clearly they gave her contaminated vaccines and now she'll come down with measles, mumps and rubella fever all at once....or be autistic.

Turns out it was nothing that bad. Merely, they "forgot" to give her a shot. Big screw up for them, since they certified that she had them all. So AGAIN I have to take her to the stupid doctor. We're scheduled for tomorrow morning. She'll be getting a hepatitis shot.

With all the dr appointments I've been going to lately, I think I need to rename "The Schoolbus" , "The Ambulance"!

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

Mercy - you're running your legs off going back and forth to Dr. appts.
or is it the tires off the schoolbus? Flat out busy, busy. Whatever, you have my profound and everlasting support. xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: