Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bendaroo Hell

I readily admit that an artist, I am not. My forte was always math and science...things that are more concrete and based in reality vs. impressionism. So I am currently in Bendaroo Hell.

It all looked so damn easy on TV!

Here is my meager offering. I was attempting to make a butterfly, similar to what you see on the box below.
After this paltry attempt, we packed up the things to take to Disney, and were so busy that T never asked for them. I'm hoping that she continues to forget. At least the pixos give you a color key to make stuff. That is a piece of cake compared to these frustrating and confounding little sticks.

I know my time is numbered, though. Its only a matter of time before that stupid commercial comes on again, and reminds T that she has some. At that time I'll once again be in Bendaroo Hell.


UPDATE: As my luck would have it, Aunt Ruth...the giver of the bendaroos...came over this afternoon, and asked T how she liked playing with them.... I immediately asked her if she had been reading my blog again, and asked that question on purpose. Nope, just my luck. Yep, you guessed it. The bendaroos were fished out from the closet and are now being played with. I confess that Ruth had a bit more luck than myself with them, and did give us some inspiration. So now I'm having to change my opinion...

I'm liking the bendaroos now better than the damn pixos...that go all over the place, scoot all over my floor when dropped, and requires the use of water (i.e. the perfect mess mix).


Posted by Picasa

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Dorothy said...

I thought I had carefully hidden the Bendaroos in the Mulan backpack...stowed at the end of her closet. How did she find them?

Brownie Troop 157 said...

she hasn't found them yet....its just a matter of time before the stupid commercial comes on and she starts demanding them again.

Tammie said...

Erin loves her Pixos & can't get enough of them. I keep them in a craft container by my scrap area (read dining room). She keeps asking for the Bendaroos also. I've been avoiding them like the plaque.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: