Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Just My Luck

A little background for those unfamiliar is needed for this story. Miami Beach is an actual island off the coast of florida, with Biscayne Bay and/or the Intracoastal waterway in between. There are about 5 or 6 causeways or bridges that connect mainland Miami to the Beach. Near me, there are about 3 main causeways that are of use. To get to T's Dr., I have to pick a causeway...always a crap shoot.

One can go across the one furthest south, but then have to negotiate the South Beach traffic, which sometimes can take quite a while. Or, I can take the middle causeway, which dumps me out near where her doc is located. Problem with that is that theres a bit of construction there, that can sometimes slow things down. Well. I chose the middle causeway.

WRONG CHOICE. Turns out that some dump trucks decided to overturn on the middle causeway, and they shut it down. You have NO IDEA the MESS that is created when one of the causeways is shut down. Had to call from the car to the dr., who moved my shot appt from 8:30 to 9:00...then to 9:30. Took me over an hour and a half to get there, where its usually 15 minutes. Had to go all the way up to the north causeway, and circle back down in horrendous one-causeway-is-shut-down traffic. Of course, waiting room was PACKED!

So, as you can imagine, I wasn't in the best mood. AT.ALL. We finally go in for our shots and the nurse says we're here for a 2nd flu shot. Huh? No, I was told she needed another hep B shot. The nurse starts arguing with me. BAD.MOVE. Actually, I thought I was quite polite given the circumstances, but it all degenerated in me yelling at her, "I don't care if the stupid chart and notes say she already had it, Please consult with the office manager who called me and specifically said you guys screwed up and never gave it to her". Dumb nurse didn't want to consult with anyone. She also took great umbrage in me calling her sacrosanct medical notes stupid. Tough luck. I just wanted to make sure that I DIDN'T HAVE TO RETURN FOR A FOURTH TIME FOR STUPID SHOTS. This was ridiculous.

So, after much arguing the nurse finally deigned to consult the office manager. T was given the 2 shots. And no, no apology from the know-it-all nurse.

I made it to work at 11:00 a.m. So much for my clever early morning appointment. Grrrr.

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: