Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mid-Weekend Update

So, what did we do today? Sit back and read the minute detail of our weekend, so far, which is posted here for Aunt Dot's benefit.

Bright and early we were off to Target. Took the side streets as the expressway...the scene of my discontent on Friday morning, is under construction and lanes are closed on the weekend. Let's just say that its backed up, basically to the Florida Keys.

Purchased some air-tight cannisters and other air-tight food containers for my parents house. Purchased some TP only to come home and discover I have about 20 rolls squirrelled away in the closet. Does that happen to anyone else? For some inexplicable reason you always think you're out of something, only to get home and discover you have a veritable treasure trove of the item? Happens to me all the time with TP, papertowels and napkins. Anyway, I digress.

We also purchased a birthday present the little boy of a woman I know from the courthouse. She's a defense attorney who adopted 2 kids (boy and girl) from Russia. It's Austin's 4th birthday party this Sunday evening, and we plan on attending. Lets just say it will be another over-the-top Miami birthday party. According to the invitation, carnival rides, real-live ponies, clowns, and other things lie in store for us. Figure T might like to see a real live pony. Not too much chance of that in this town, as all the ponies are busy on the birthday party circuit.

We also purchased the movie Desperdeax, who's name I know I have butchered but am too lazy to get up and check the spelling on the DVD carton. Anyway, as we were coming home, it was a little rainy, and I had the bright idea to go to the movies. We would have been right on time. So, I ask T if she wants to go see Monsters vs. Aliens at the movies.

She balked. A look of fear came in her eyes, reminiscent of the look she had in the 3d movies at Disney. I didn't push it. Instead, we stayed home and watched the new DVD. Sigh. Maybe someday she'll actually LIKE going to the movies. For now, not even popcorn will successfully bribe her.

So instead, we headed out to the computer store as T calls it, aka Office Max. Bought 4 packages of 10-pack file boxes, in anticipation of my archiving project of all my dad's old files. I'll start to work on that when I'm stuck in there house all day monday, monitoring my mom's EEG test.

After that, we went off to JCPenney to return a few things. Mistake. They're having a big sale and the place was swamped. Plus, T was cranky and needed a nap. Sensing a disaster waiting to happen, we high-tailed it out of there and came back home, where T is napping as I type.

Our plans this evening are to go to a Bookstore where my friend Jilliane Hoffman (google her) will be signing books. This is Jilliane's 3rd published book, "Plea of Insanity". We'll be getting our autographed copy. BTW, if you read her first book, the captain of the Miami Beach Police Department is named after me....Captain J****n. (I've taken to trying to be a bit more obscure in the info that I post here, based upon a reminder warning from a friend.)

So, that's our weekend so far. Hope yours is shaping up to be a fun time, too!

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Dorothy said...

Remind Jilliane I bought her book here in Manila last October. It is the best book yet! Sorry I'm missing the book signing, I would have brought it with me.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: